Thursday, April 10, 2008

Proverbial Wisdom

“The poor man and the oppressor have this in common: the Lord gives sight to them both” –Proverbs 29:13

 

I had been taught to “love his neighbor as himself” and to “love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” but  this verse captured my attention further. If we grasp this, we can stare our brother’s killer in the eyes and forgive. Why? Because we understand that it is the Lord who has given us both sight, that God has ordained both of our steps, both of us are made in His image, both of us are undeserving of grace and deserving of eternal punishment for our treasonous rebellion, both of us experience his common grace every day. We can see that even this unfathomable sin will work for His glory- even this shall be made right.

 

“I am the most ignorant of men; I do not have a man’s understanding. I have not learned wisdom, nor have I knowledge of the Holy One. Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Who has gathered up the wind in the hollow of his hands? Who has wrapped up the waters in his cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and the name of his son? Tell me if you know! Every word of God is flawless; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. Do not add to his words, or He will rebuke you and prove you a liar. Two things I ask of you, O Lord, do not refuse me before I die;; keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God” –Proverbs 30:2-9

My attempt at "Such Great Heights" on the banjo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.