Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Oh, to have been a Christian in 1982

I could've had such joy

I found this on Justin Taylor's blog. His post was entitled "A Knock-Down Argument Against Dancing in Church." I disagree. I expect Joel to implement this at Redeemer by Sunday.

And I heard so much about this video, I couldn't NOT post it. It's a song called "Jesus is my Friend." If you haven't seen it yet, just promise me you'll make it to 1:45 in the song so you can hear Jesus being compared to a mountee who "always gets his man." I wish I could hang out with the lead guitar player...

2 comments:

Melissa said...

sweet mercy...the dancing video is the funniest thing i think i've seen in a long, long time. i like it best when they kinda shimmy at the end.

wow.

Kristen said...

a few comments that may or may not have anything to do with this particular post:

1. i never knew you had a blog. this is your fault. maybe you could do that thing blogger automatically e-mails me your posts so i could read it more than every three months...?

2. you are a thought provoking individual. i may be requesting to "borrow" some of your books when i see you next. i may or may not return them.

3. if i bring a blank cd may i also "borrow" your best of summer mix. your best of fall '07 mix was distributed throughout ethiopia to great applause.

4. I have thoughts on politics and Africa. I won't discuss them here, but someday we should.

5. that's all.